At the beginning of every year, the government comes out with the so-called the budget of the new year, promising us with rosy hopes and aspirations to reform the situation and change the deteriorating conditions. But after a few days the situation worsens, the hardship worsens, and the people suffer. This scenario has been repeated for decades, and the result is: (( كَسَرَابٍ بِقِيعَةٍ يَحْسَبُهُ الظَّمْآنُ مَاءً)) “(their deeds) are like a mirage in a lowland which a thirsty one thinks is water” [An-Noor: 39]
This year, in this harsh situation in which the people of Sudan are suffering from injustice as a result of the implementation of failed policies that has caused a wide movement among the people, it made them go out to the streets, rejecting injustice and these policies that led us to poverty. In these circumstances, the government comes out with the so-called 2019 budget. The most prominent aspects in billions of pounds are the following:
The Increase Estimates of the year 2018 Estimated Performance for the year 2018
45.9 162.2 116.9 Total revenue
26.1 101.2 75.1 Tax revenue
55.3 216.5 161.2 Public Expenditure
9.5 53.7 44.2 Deficit
- 36% 18.1% Growth of the monetary base
- 27% 19.5% Inflation
Looking at the budget figures shown in the table above compared with the budget of the previous year, we find:
1) The revenues, which are mainly from Haram taxes and customs levies, were 116.9 billion the previous year. It turned life into an unbearable hell, as it delayed production, and ignited the increase in prices of all goods in the markets. How will the situation be this year, in which these revenues will increase to 162.8 billion pounds, an increase of 41%?!
2) The government increased the public expenditure from 161.2 billion pounds to 216.5. In the same context, the prime minister rejected the proposals of the deputies to reduce the spending on the sovereign sector, security and defense, and to turn it into health and education. His rejection means the continuation of the state to wash off its hands from taking care of the people in the health and education sectors.
3) The government promised, and it is deceitful, in its budget for 2018, that it aims to reduce the rate of inflation to 18.1%, and then it devalued the pound more than once. This resulted in an increase in the average of inflation to 63.2%, leading to currency erosion, and stealing of people’s savings and efforts, and people suffered the hell of the high prices. So how will the situation be when inflation is targeted at 27%! while the government is continuing to float the pound to satisfy the IMF?!
4) The government said at the beginning of the previous year that it would increase the monetary base by 18.1%, then it issued a new banknote in the category of (50) pounds and doubled the monetary base, at a time when people are suffering from the lack of liquidity completely. How will the situation be when the target of the increase the monetary base is 36% while the government is talking about the printing of new banknotes of the categories (100 - 200 - 500) pounds?!
According to the newspaper(Asharq Al-Awsat 18/12/ 2018) the Ministry of Oil in Sudan has asked all companies working in mining, oil and other commodities to buy their oil needs at the free price of the dollar, which is determined by the global oil market daily, which means doubling current fuel prices.
This budget did not provide any solution to the current economic crisis because it emerged from the same quagmire that caused misery and hardship, i.e., the kafir capitalist economic system, with full subordination to the International Monetary Fund instruction. All this is what gave rise to this hardship today.
O Our People in Sudan: This is the reality of this absurd budget, which is a recurring scenario that brings us every year to more poverty and hardship of living. So seek the genuine change and solution by the implementation of the Islamic economic system in the state of the Khilafah Rashida (guided Caliphate), the promise of Allah (swt), and the Bushra (glad-tiding) of His Messenger (saw). It is the only system that guarantees satisfying the basic needs of food, clothing, and housing for each member of the society. It guarantees free education and medical care, and the preservation of security for all citizens. It only takes your money according to the Shariah rules, and prohibits customs and all indirect taxes. And it allows the citizens to benefit from all the resources, over and under the ground, and it will release energies, and prevents the meddling of the kafir West and its institutions in our Islamic life, and punishes the corrupt ones, the rulers and employees, with deterrent penalties.
Hizb ut Tahrir invites you to the good of the world and the Hereafter, so answer its call,
( يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا اسْتَجِيبُوا لِلَّهِ وَلِلرَّسُولِ إِذَا دَعَاكُمْ لِمَا يُحْيِيكُمْ)
“O you who have believed, respond to Allah and to the Messenger when he calls you to that which gives you life.” [Al-Anfal: 24]